6. Before you make a decision to buy have a look around the area. Check out the amenities, ease of travel to work/town, etc. If possible, talk to the neighbours.
7. Make a list of questions you wish to ask the Estate Agents, Solicitors, Bank/Mortgage Broker. Don't be shy!! If at all possible bring a friend/family member to any meetings who may have a fresh view on things.
8. If you're buying a second-hand house be sure to get it structurally surveyed. This is different to the surveyor the Bank sends out. Your surveyor/qualified architect should check the property from top to bottom and confirm the house is structurally sound.
9. If you're selling in order to purchase now is the time to start organising your packing. Make all arrangements prior to your closing date.
10. When you finally complete your closing you will be given the keys to your new home.